Skills and Experience:
- 30 years experience as a music educator and performer.
- Compassion, patience, and flexibility with student learning styles.
- Awareness of developmental facets surrounding different student age groups.
- Applied creativity and insights directed to each student’s individual needs/challenges.
- Diverse music background with many electric and acoustic guitar styles.
- I can quickly figure out, notate, and teach student selected songs.
- Applying music theory concepts to real-world situations.
- Improvisation and lead guitar
- Writing and Arranging Music
- Defining collaborative goals with students and helping them reach those goals.
- Developing teaching handouts that are relevant to student’s needs.
- Providing students and families with clearly defined weekly practice objectives.
- Organizing all lesson materials for quick retrieval and use for students on Google Drive.
Stores/Schools I have taught at:
- Kings Schools, Shoreline, WA
- Trinity Lutheran College
- Saratoga Guitar, Saratoga Springs, NY
- Only Guitar Shop, Clifton Park, NY
- Aurora Music Center, Shoreline, WA
- Edmonds Heights, Edmonds, WA
- Experience Music Project – Science Fiction Museum
- Cascade Parent Partnership/Seattle School District
- Seattle Rotary Boys and Girls Club
- Puget Sound Christian College – B.A. in Social Science. Summa Cum Laude
- University of Washington – 1 year of Jazz Studies and Guitar Performance
- Shoreline Community College – Associate Degree in Art, emphasis on music theory